Up: Assignment 9: Discrete Fourier
Previous: Assignment 9: Discrete Fourier
- Pick up the Maple worksheet named hw9_demo.mws from the
web page and run through it, comparing the implementation of the DFT
with the description in the book. You will have to work with and
modify this implementation, so read it carefully.
- Make sure that you can answer the following questions:
- What is the sampling rate? The critical frequency?
- What is the meaning of the fn? How do you interpret the
horizontal axis in the figure? See page 406.
- Why are the amiplitudes at the positive frequencies the
same as the amplitudes at the negative frequencies?
- You might want to change the way the DFT is plotted so that it
only shows the positive frequencies, or so the horizontal axis is
Allen B. Downey